Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Bob Speaks Out, Video #2

Thought it was time to tape Bob speaking again and compare to the last one. This was taped yesterday, 13 months post-stroke.
Click on the YouTube icon after it starts to take you directly to YouTube for better picture/sound quality. Then compare to this one taken in August, 9 months post-stroke.
I do believe I see some improvement especially in his overall alertness, comprehension and he's speaking more clearly, though, he still tends to goof around too much! Speaking of "alertness", I had to retake the video because I showed Bob the first one I took and he said, "I look... like....weirdo!" and he wanted me to take another one. So I did. That's the first time he has shown an interest in my video/picture taking of him. Still, I know, he has a long way to go...

Anyway, do think he's speaking better and hope it's not my imagination (and/or wishful thinking). What do you think?

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Trying to view the newest video, but says "this video is private".
I will try again later. Looking forward to see Bob's improvement!!!

Diane said...

Thanks Jenn, think I fixed that problem! Try again.

Anonymous said...

D. I think there is definite improvement, it's not your imagination. Bob is so much more aware and follows his thoughts better. I'm so happy for you both. This is just the begining sister! You said he still has a way to go but I feel he is really on the right track thanks to you, your dedication and most of all love!!!He is a kidder tho, I love that about him! Keep doin what you're doin and give yourself a big "pat" on the back for a job well done!!! Love ya, Patricia

Jenn said...

Oh my! Bob seems much more aware, it's easier to understand him, and "nice to see you"! I smiled from ear to ear when he said that. I'd say there's improvement!!!
:-):-):-):-):-)

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job with him Diane. I like that you find humor in his answers to your questions. Laughter does the heart good. And you both are making such great strides in his recovery. I don't think a rehabilatation center could do better than you have done! Keep up the good work! Love, Aunt Rose and Uncle Arnie

Helen M said...

I perceive an improvement and I can certainly tell he has a tremendous sense of humor. Keep up the good work.