Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Life's a Beach

My handsome guy!
I did manage to get Bob out to the beach resort where my parents are staying and he had a good time there. We made it out there three times and spent the afternoon.

Though the second time, we were half-way there on the wheelchair transport when I realized that I had forgotten Bob's backpack which contains, among other things that all-important urinal! GA!

What had happened was the transport came early and me, in my mad dash to get him out the door, forgot to strap the backpack on the wheelchair....

And, of course, immediately upon arrival Bob had to pee. So, my mom was scrambling to find something large enough and disposable for Bob to pee in. We ended up using an empty cashew nut can. Which puts a whole new spin on that old phrase "I have to use the can".
Bob with my dad and mom, aunt and uncle, at the beach resort

Then, of course, right before we were about to leave, Bob tells me he thinks he has to poop. Oh shit! quite literally, because guess what else was in the backpack that I forgot? My latex gloves, bath wipes and fresh Depends! Aack!

But we made it home in time.

Thank God.

Today is the last day of their visit and it has been delightful and wonderful to see them. And, as always, I love them and will miss them dearly when they leave. And I am grateful to have such wonderful parents.

Though I must admit, today, I am exhausted.

I think I need a vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even with the little hiccups on your trip, all the problems worked their way out and you had a great time with family. As usual, you did good!!!

I noticed that Bob is holding his head up much higher than some of your previous pics of him. That was great to see.

Take care of yourself. Hugs, Dan

Anonymous said...

It is always so nice to have family/friends visit. However, as tired as it makes our charges we are also (if not moreso) exhausted. Good for you to be able to take it all in stride and be "MacGiver's little sister" and be inventive. Hope you have recovered and are now getting back into your routine.
ttfn
Trudy