Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 24, 2016

S.P.I.C.E.S.

I have a new grief therapist, my old one having fled to Germany, and I met with her for the first time Tuesday.  She gave me a list of "SPICES" and said I needed to add each of these "spices" to my life by doing something in each "spice" category every day.

 SPICES stands for:


         S                                   Spiritual

    P                                   Physical

        I                                   Intellectual

  C                                  Creative

      E                                  Emotional

S                                  Social


So!  Today I walked the dog to the dog park and we played fetch with tennis balls and that's the P for physical.  I greeted two other dog owners there, so I'm counting that as my S for social.  I'm writing this, which would be C (creative) and, hopefully, I for intellectual.

I guess I have to work on the other two...

Good advice? Or just more psycho-babble goobleygook?  I guess I'll find out.

3 comments:

Barb Polan said...

I love having any goals, especially written down. And I think the SPICE list has all good categories. The problem might be in fitting ALL of them into a single day, every day. Combining them is a good idea: something like yoga class could be spiritual, physical and social. Since you asked: I approve.

Denise said...

I agree with you, this is a good list for everyone. I think weekly, though, might be a good start for me.

Dianne said...

Just dropping you an email letting you know a couple of things.
This list is great! and whats even better is you can taylor it to your liking -- I like that you are able to combine them.

Also -- I really enjoy going back on your blog and reading about yours and Bob's journey, just having found you a couple of years ago. The humor and HONESTY in your blog is refreshing in this life of caregiving for my husband. I've only ran across a couple of books like that, but your blog beats them hands down. So thank you for helping us through this journey of ours, and helping me laugh at myself so that I can continue to give him my best!! BTW -- I don't always have the time to leave a comment, but know that I am always looking forward to spending a few minutes skimming through to find something to lift me up!!!
Di