Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Kona's Birthday - 6 years old!

I fostered/adopted her 6/25/15 and this picture is of her with her former owner -- she was almost 4 years old,  91 lbs and look at those nails! She was used as a breeding dog, for a "backyard puppy mill" and got no exercise and didn't even know "sit" --


Her first day home with me  ---
Then training, exercise, proper diet, down to 75 lbs. where she should be --

Now one happy damn dog!
I "rescued" her from
the FL Labrador Retriever Rescue Society --- but I must ask, truthfully, who rescued who?
Don't know how I could have made it without her -- she is now certified/licensed/registered service dog -- for me
Happy Birthday, Kona!
And yes, she got a Doggie Ice Cream Sunday at the Dairy Inn and lots of tennis balls and treats!

4 comments:

Rebecca Dutton said...

I remember when you got her. I can't believe it has been 2 years. What a blessing.

Joyce said...

Happy birthday Kona. She looks so happy😊
I think it was a mutual rescue. Also think you
May have had some help from Bob💕😇.
Joyce

Hillary said...

Beautifully written. She is a treasure. You saved each other. Happy Birthday, Kona! Love you both.

Unknown said...

Happy B-Day Kona