Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year's Eve



Didn't have to leave the house tonight to see fireworks! --  Jeepers sounding like a war zone outside, had to go outside to check it out  --- this display one house away ...  in the street.... hmmm...  sorry these are the best pics I could get with my crappy camera -- there were much more fireworks in the sky...

 not so sure if this is legal, but... heck, no harm done, I guess... and what can I say?  people are having fun and this neighborhood goes crazy as far as holidays are concerned....

Ripley hiding in the closet.  Kona velcroed to my leg... nothing set afire -- so guess all is good.... and Bob would have loved it, wish he was here...


Happy New Year!



4 comments:

Stephany in Iowa said...

Damn, girl. That IS a way to celebrate. We are sitting here at -12 degrees, and you are watching fireworks. What a way to start the new year. May this be a better one for you and the animals. Are the ducks still around?

Hugs from Iowa

Diane said...

Brrr -12 degrees! It was 69 degrees here today, I jumped in the pool for a New Year's Eve swim --- tomorrow though expecting rain and maybe 60 degrees - - that's cold too for a swim! Louise (the duck) and her ducklings left last year in March -- haven't seen her since I saw her at the lake with her little duckies, but am wondering if she'll be back around Valentines Day to nest again --- ??? Wait and see.... she is welcome here... Happy New Year!

Lauda said...

Keep in keepin on

Hillary said...

Wow...I heard fireworks on my street, but nothing like what you had on yours. It was fairly quiet over here, considering. Of course boring me...I went to bed at 10 pm. And the dogs were quiet, all cuddled up with me. Regarding Louise....one of my clients put a floating rubber alligator in her pool and the ducks stopped nesting in yard and swimming in the pool. She is an animal lover her but one duckling had fallen in the pool and drowned. All were heart-broken.....the alligator solved the problem (unless you do want her to return). Happy New Year's to you and Kona and Ripley. xoxo