Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Kona

Kona has been very sick this past week, diarrhea, lethargic--- me-- a total basket case -- It's been a hard week -- you all know how much I love and need Kona, can't live without her, she goes with me everywhere, driving, shopping, grocery stores, etc. controls my anxiety and I need her.  She's my service dog.

So she's out there, straining to poop, nothing happening, waking me up 3-4 times each night to go out -- me with a flashlight seeing if she's "going" or not - or if "going" liquid or solid, and first tried (after talking to my vet) probiotics, anti-diarrhea over the counter meds--- no luck, then,  Hillary (my vet) ordered a prescription med  --

Last night, I thought she was dead.

She's laying on the bed, and not moving and I poke her, no response. I poke her again, no response. I am freaking out, and pretty much push her and she finally lifts her head -- looking at me, like "what?'"

Second day of prescription meds, seems Kona's getting better now--- a real poop today, whoa!!!

She's doing better today.  Bouncing around, acting normal.

Today -- we had severe weather, storms, thunder, wind, lightening, tornado warnings. jeeepers  Spent the day watching old movies.... watching Kona for any changes....

But Kona recovering -- thank god

She's feeling better, not 100% but keeping her on meds for 5 more days.....
Damn, I love this dog.
Don't know what I'd do without her.

5 comments:

Barb Polan said...

Oh, no! Poor Kona - and poor you. I'm glad she (and you, I suppose) is feeling better.


How about sweet potatoes to firm up those poops?

Diane said...

She's allergic to potatoes (and so many other things!)
but thanks for the suggestion

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness she is better
Don’t know how I could cope without my rescue Gracie
Our fur babies bring such strength to hold on.

Unknown said...

Glad to know she is on the road to recovery. One thing about probiotics & dogs is that they can be TERRIBLY constipating. So maybe that was the problem or at least part of it. My experience with them hasn't been good, in relation to dogs at least. I'm not sure what the prescription med was, but it's possible that that made her stool a bit loose, allowing her to finally 'go'. Just like with humans, constipation causes nausea and makes one miserable. "When ya gotta go, ya GOTTA go"!! Happy to hear she's doin' better... Hugz Kona! We love our fur babies!!!

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog, poor little Kona, specially because they can't talk and tell us where it hurts, glad to hear she is responding to the medication. Keep us updated.
love,

Yadira