Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Fun -- then Meltdown

Last week, my dear friend, Jenn, came to visit for a few days.  It was great to see her. We did a lot talking and a little site seeing, and I even managed to drive the 40 miles to Tarpon Springs and back which was no small feat for me, as I have been so nervous behind the wheel since Bob passed away.

Jenn & Kona at The Sponge Docks
All was well, until Jenn took me a yoga class.  Now, I've never done yoga before -- but I was willing a victim here, thinking it would be, you know, good for me.  The class itself was billed as "gentle" and "relaxing" so what could go wrong? Right?

I tell you, it was neither "gentle" or "relaxing" even though the whole time we spent pretty much flat on our backs.  The moves weren't hard, but half way through I found tears inexplicably falling out of the corner of my eyes. Afterward, I was a total emotional basket case and found myself near tears the rest of the day.

The next day, I woke up with terrible sinus congestion (from all that crying?) and a splitting headache and every muscle in my body seemed to ache.

Jenn left early Saturday and I spent pretty much the whole day sleeping on and off and feeling miserable...

And Sunday morning, I felt a bit better, then suddenly was hit with all sorts of GI issues --- and was pretty sick again, until today.  Though I'm still a bit shaky and headachy and filled with inconsolable grief...

Jeepers -- all that from one yoga class?

An interesting side note, both Jenn and Sally (who visited last month) received an unexpected nighttime visit from Bob while they were here.  Described as a "heavy" or "large" presence, neither thought it was foreboding or "evil", but certainly both felt that Bob was with them for a moment.  Jenn, more than once.  In fact (correct me, Jenn, if I get this wrong), Jenn said she "felt" a message from Bob which was something like "What are we going to do about Diane?"

Good to know he is really watching over me. And perhaps I am not as crazy as I sometimes feel....


1 comment:

Jenn said...

I am glad I was able to be with you those few short days - seemed to go fast. So sorry you got as ill as you did. Not fun at all. :(
Enjoyed the oddity of Tarpon and all its Greek-ness! And I'm missing the little furry Rippy-dips! Your furry friends are the best! And that's a wonderful reflection of their Mom and her big heart! <3

I asked Bob, "How can we help Diane better?" I'm not quite sure there was a reply. I hope, somehow, you were able to take even one tiny bit of positive from the yoga class, and maybe even try again in the future.
Overall, I believe you're really trying to adjust to this monumental life change. Keep at it girl! You've so much to share!

Thank you so much for your hospitality! Mwah! <3