Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Nervously Watching Irma

We are in (what Bob would call) "The Cone of Doom" for Hurricane Irma. It's actually called the Cone of Uncertainty -- so thanks, Bob, for this memory.

Yesterday, Kona and I went to the store to stock up on supplies. Managed to find some water at a Walgreens. Many grocery store shelves were bare, no water, no tuna... But managed to get the basic necessities, ie. dog food, cat food, Vodka...  Took 2 1/2 hours for this shopping trip, as so many people in the stores, crowded aisles, long lines at the checkouts.

I am a bit of a nervous wreck...

And I know this blog has been quiet -- I have been in a dark place, deep grief triggered by dying fish which sounds really stupid, but as my therapist said, it wasn't the fish but what the fish symbolized --

And now this....




3 comments:

Lauda said...

Sorry about the dark mood...I miss your posts...stay safe.

Stephany in Iowa said...

I, too, miss your comments. You are always in the back of my mind.

Yesterday, my son and I scattered my husband's ashes in the prairie we planted while he was undergoing treatment for the bladder cancer that ultimately killed him 10 years ago. Standing in the field of prairie flowers that towered over us, nodding in the wind, we flung ashes in every direction. It was SO freeing and SO sad. Then, we hugged and wept.

Perhaps Irma will be the wind that blows away the deep sadness and opens a window of bright light to warm your heart. Perhaps that is why it will be so strong a storm...to work that magic for you. I hope it will be so.

Stephany in Iowa

Diane said...

Stephany -- such a sweet tribute to your husband. Thanks for sharing.