Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

World Stroke Day is Oct. 29th

Sorry, my blog has been quiet as I have been busy writing a "guest post" for an international website for World Stroke Day.

It is quite an honor to be asked to share my insights on at-home caregiving for a stroke survivor. Also surprising to be contacted by a man in Munich Germany, who had found my blog and called it "touching" and a "beautiful tribute" to Bob.

It was a good project for me, to sit down (with a deadline) and do some serious writing. Also brought up some painful memories, along with some wonderful memories, and the process sort sent me into an emotional spin down memory lane and once again, missing Bob so very much.

I will definitely keep you all posted -- and as soon as my guest post is published, will include a link here for my readers.

Meanwhile, I am still doing the EMDR therapy and trying my best to get through this long grief journey.

Thanks for understanding the silence....


7 comments:

Barb Polan said...

I'm happy for you that you were asked to write about your journey as a caregiver - you have so much wisdom from what you've experienced.

Stephany in Iowa said...

Your post ended with a reference to your journey. I would add the words to a song which always brings the tears, “Oh, my darling. My heart breaks you take your long journey.”

Hugs from Iowa

Stephany in Iowa said...

“AS you take”

Lauda said...

Hi Diane,
I was so happy to see a post from The pink House on the Corner. I missed your posts and I was a little worried about you. That is so cool that you were asked to write about your experience. You are such a good writer. I could read a whole book about your experience
I'm not sure if you remember me - my husband had a stroke in 2010. He is in assisted living and I stay with him there 3-4 nights a week. It is working out for us. Being a caregiver is so difficult.
May your healing journey continue in peace and love.

Rebecca Dutton said...

Your journey has touched my heart. I will keep checking your blog.

Anonymous said...

Congrats ! They chose the best author 😊

Pat Nixon

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your new post.

Thanks!

Best Wishes, from Scooters 'N Chairs