Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Home Health Care Bails Out

Well, Home Health Care has left us high and dry. First, the occupational therapist with her "dreaded plateau" and next the physical therapist, who asked for more visits but was denied, then the nurses and home health aide and last, but not least, the speech therapist.

All gone. We are suddenly on our own. Scary, that.

And believe me, not for my lack of trying, fighting and arguing all the way.

And now, I have to figure what to do and how to do it. The Social Worker got Bob an application for Outpatient Rehab Medical Assistance, which was accepted but when I called I found out that they do not do speech/swallow therapy, and, in fact, said they do not really work with stroke patients, and so we have to find another place to go that does not cost $30.00/visit. The hospital suggested another rehab facility. And I am in the middle of trying to get a hold of people there---you'd think the whole place was occupied by nothing but empty offices and voice mail machines.

Meanwhile, I am overwhelmed without an iota of help.

No comments: