Total Pageviews

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day of Reckoning

Well, this is it. Today, we go back to Rehab and find out if Bob's performance on Thursday with Chris has made a difference in their discharge decision--or not. I am nervous. The last couple of days, we have tried to get Bob up and standing from the wheelchair without luck. For some reason, with the exception of twice on Friday, he just couldn't do it.... And then the bladder problems have come back with a vengeance. Just when I thought that problem was clearing up. Some days, it seems like we just can't win.

Our Lady of Lourdes
Built 1936
(click to enlarge)
Boomer and I went back to see Our Lady of Lourdes this morning. Said another prayer and snapped this photo to share with you. It truly is a beautiful place.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I am new to your blog. I pray things go well for you and Bob. The fact is he did manage to stand last week, that is still wonderful news. You know, stroke is EXHAUSTING! Anything that is tapping his energy (like bladder problems) will have an impact on his energy for things like movement. I will be watching our posts to see what rehab says about his continuing in their program.

Linda

Nikki said...

I like that shrine- it's pretty! I guess even though I'm Wiccan I can relate to Mary as a sort of mother-goddess image. Good luck today!