Total Pageviews

Monday, December 10, 2018

Ho Ho Ho & Happy Home Maintenance!

I have spent the past two months trying to find someone to fix two leaks in our garage/guest house roof.

The guys who did come by, took one look and fled.  Yeah, it's an old roof....

Most wouldn't even return my calls.

The one who said he could do it and start in two weeks, which was back in October, finally called and said he was "too busy".

I finally went on Home Advisor and got connected with an "old timer" whose been in the business for 40 years and he managed to get her done, finally.

"Before"

"In process"

After

"After" -- they managed to salvage the old tiles
and replace them after replacing the rotted wood underneath























































And now just have find someone to paint new wood on the eaves and rafters.........  Though, I have been thinking about doing it myself -- somewhat scared to climb that high -- at least before I re-do my will!

And also have to get the guy out here to fix my solar system for the pool.... and have to fix a toilet and faucet and the sprinkler system (which wasn't working until I kicked it, ha!) but don't know how long that will last...

Seems all I'm doing lately is trying to keep this house from falling apart!

Good news, though, my father is back home!  Thank you all for your prayers and support.

Oh, and I signed up for the next writer's workshop -- my shrink told me to "face your fears" and go again.  Wish me luck!  And fingers crossed, I won't freak out and flee again......

4 comments:

Barb Polan said...

I hope you really enjoy the writers workshop. Remember that Ann Lamott said we all write SFD's - shitty first drafts.

Stephany in Iowa said...

I love me an “old guy” who knows what he is doing. I always feel lucky when I find a handy guy. And if he saved the tile, he is one to keep in your Rolodex!

Diane said...

Ha ha! Stephany I still have a Rolodex!

J.L. Murphey said...

Ah, the joys of home ownership. LOL Keep plugging away Diane. You'll get there.