Total Pageviews

Friday, December 18, 2015

Another Stroke -- Too Close to Home...

You might remember Chris, my dear old friend, who was such a great help after Bob had the stroke, and who now lives in our garage apartment.

Chris suffered a stroke on Sunday.  A bad one.

I went to visit her in the hospital this week, and I hate to say, I was not "a good friend" because seeing her that way, paralyzed on one side, flopping around on the bed, brought back way too many horrid memories and I just couldn't handle it -- and I had to flee after a half hour....

I tell you, I have never felt so alone as now...

6 comments:

Barb Polan said...

Poor Chris! You are actually the best friend she can have now, whether you feel you are living up to that label or not. You can do it. You know what to do: tare her music to listen to, and talk to her, on and on, without asking questions. If she can flop around in the bed, there's hope that she will be mobile before too long.

Denise said...

Maybe you could take Kona to see her. That might help you both. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

so hard what to do. I know you will do what you can, when you can. Hang in there. Trudy from Texas

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel. The anxiety;the panic is overwhelming. I've been triggered by things on television, too. Perfectly ok. PTSD. I am surprised you lasted the hour. Taking Kona sounds like a good idea. No need to stay hours. Just be a friendly face.
Mary Ann

Diane said...

I did take Kona -- and Chris was thrilled to see her. But I still panicked
Yikes

Anonymous said...

While "flopping around on the bed" isn't exactly the term I would have used, I agree. When my sister had her stroke it was very difficult to watch her lying in that hospital bed. Her every (attempted) movement was a struggle. I could see the frustration in her eyes. Very heartbreaking.