Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 11, 2012

HE DID IT!!!!!

Yes, yes, yeeeessss!! and whoo hoo!


First time standing with Hemi-Walker

OK, I admit, he is practically falling over backward and needing a lot of support and he couldn't take a single step-- BUT he got up on his own two feet and only needed support after he grabbed the walker and, truthfully,  I never thought I'd see this day! 

And this--just 10 days shy of Bob's two year stroke anniversary! I tell you, I really was giving up hope here. After all this time.

The hemi-walker was ordered for Bob in Feb. 2011 and has been sitting in the corner for over a year and a half--no therapist has been able to get him on it, until now. I really didn't think it would ever happen.

Damn, this feels good! Well, at least for me.

Afterwards, the PT asked Bob, "How did that feel?" and he said, "awful." yikes.

But the fact that he was able to do this much, certainly means Bob is getting stronger.


PS: And he got through the whole session without a bathroom break! So, my little "talk" worked.

8 comments:

Linda said...

wow! That is truly wonderful! I am sure this is just the beginning of new accomplishments.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

GirlWithTheCane said...

That's awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Not to many people in your position are so gracious. Your article was very poignant and understandable. It helped me to understand very clearly. Thank you for your help.

Anonymous said...

JOY and HAPPINESS....Stronger everyday....
Alice

barbpolan said...

Wonderful, wonderful. Please try to remember this milestone if you are ever discouraged in the future. You - and Bob - can do more than you'd ever think possible!

longbeachone said...

I came across your blog while
searching for info on Lyrica
withdrawal (horrible, wretched
experience!). I've read many of your
excellent posts, and your story and
the love you have for Bob are just awe
inspiring. I hope you don't mind if I
ask if the hospital where Bob
suffered his stroke has assumed any
financial responsibility for what
was obviously to some degree their
fault.

Diane said...

Thanks longbeach, but so far the hospital is not admitting to any wrong doing...and yes, still sending bills! but we are suing them... we'll see what happens.