Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

New Year Off to a Rocky Start

Spent the first week of the New Year feeling miserable. Physically and emotionally. I developed a stabbing pain in my side, between rib cage and pelvic area and it hurt so bad, I thought I might die.

But then dying didn't seem so bad.  Though I haven't updated my will yet, yikes.

I actually went to bed one night, wondering if I'd wake up in the morning. Ta da! I did and felt much better.  My side only hurting when I moved, so I think, I just strained a muscle when climbing a ladder on New Year's day.

But the pain put me on the couch for about a week.

Finally, got the roof eaves (new wood) painted.  Hired Chris's son to do the painting.  He actually asked me if I wanted his mothers' ashes.

Jeepers. She's been dead since 2016...

At first, I said "no" and reminded him that Chris wanted her ashes spread in the Gulf of Mexico. I asked him if his half-sister wouldn't do it and he said he doesn't speak to her anymore.  I had to run to do some errands then, and in the car, I found myself in tears, thinking of Chris, and how her family has let her down, even after death. When I got home, I told her son that I would take her ashes and make sure her wishes were fulfilled.....

He hasn't brought them by yet....Not sure if he will, I know him well and sometimes he doesn't follow through.  But I did find someone with a boat who could help me if/when the time comes.

Feeling better this week.  Back to writing, Monday wrote a whole Chapter non-stop. Yesterday had to do some research and figure out time-line of lawsuit and other stuff I didn't blog about, so sitting on the floor amidst piles of legal paperwork.  Roof was repaired this morning, where pool guy crashed through it.... so that kept me busy.

Now I need to get back on track.  Also need to draw up that new will!!!

Happy New Freaking Year

6 comments:

Denise said...

And Happy New Freaking Year to you, too, Diane. I sure hope it's a good one, for all of us.

Barb Polan said...

Happy New Year to you too, Diane. And have a peaceful trip to spread Chris's ashes in the gulf. She'll appreciate it.

Sue said...

How far along are you with your book? Is it hard to write about the difficult times? Does remembering the good times make you feel good or does it make you sad?

J.L. Murphey said...

Oh Diane! Nothing is worse than being alone and feeling yucky except finding out your friend's last wishes weren't carried out. I recently learn that my ex mother in law's ashes were still in my ex's closet instead of being interned next her husband. She died in 1999!! I was mortified, but I can't do anything about it. It's good that you might be able to help Chris one last time. Maybe you could nag her son. I would.

Stephany in Iowa said...

I hesitate to confide that I kept my husband's ashes for a lot longer than I had anticipated. Finally, this past fall, I got them out, and my son and I walked out to the prairie plot, and scattered them. I had planned to also scatter the ashes of his favorite dog, but could I find them? No WAY! I looked everywhere in the house. Twice. Those dog's ashes were not to be found. So....hang onto those ashes until you are ready. Just sayin'

I'm also glad to hear you are moving forward on the book. I am anxious to see your finished product. You have inspired me. All I have is the title, but, it's a start.

Diane said...

Sue: more on that later.
Jo, sorry to hear about your ex-MIL's ashes... jeepers. I'm not sure I'm going to "nag" about it, just see what happens... then maybe nag if too much time passes...
Stephany: you writing a book? The title (in my opinion) can be the hardest part (I'm on my fifth or sixth "working" title) So you got a title, that IS something, so just start writing... (what's the book about?)