Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 19, 2020

feels so bad

excuse me for trying to type one handed....  spent the last week or so preparing tp travel to Wisconsin for my sisters' funeral, paperwork, (letters from vet/shrink) hoops to jump getting Kona on board as a service dog, not to mention buying new luggage bag that fits new carryon rules, getting approval for kona's meds-- are liquid --- everything lined up with travel agent etc. a cat sitter for Ripley, half packed, ready to go on Monday, and I then I slipped and fell.... 

didn't think much of it that the time. But a day or so later, my wrist and hand are swelling up...  didn't think much, just put on some ice on it, went to the drug store and bought wrap/brace,  finally today too much to bear, my hand swollen so much that my wedding ring causing that finger to get bluish black, went to clinic today, got x-rayed.... turns out broke my hand's megacarpule-something bone plus splintered fractures in my wrist, doc said. you really did one to yourself.  Put temporary splint on it --- wants me for a follow up in 3 days with an orthopedic doc... might need surgery... which is my sister's funeral service date, asked the doc if I could wait until I return and she said I would be risking serious permanent damage if I waited that long..........


 feel so bad emotionally, but it hurts so much and don't want to take the chance of long term permanent damage to my arm, fingers etc, and can't even imagine handling luggage and kona and my arm in this splint...  so have to cancel the trip. hurts to let my family down....... i do feel so bad. physically and emotionally 


6 comments:

tgorety said...

Oh my sweet friend. I am so sorry for your sadness and pain. Everything happens for a reason. Although you want to be with your family during this time for your support and to support them, your health comes first. During this covid travel is tenuous, at best. I hope that you do get your injury looked after and then perhaps things will settle down with the pandemic enough for you to fly safely. Sending white light your way.

Stephany in Iowa said...

I’m so sorry...that is a triple whammy, and you were SO organized. But,this might be a blessing in disguise. Studies are showing that airline travel is a prime way to get COVID, and you don’t want that on your plate as well. My BFF had your same break, and the surgery was successful. Stay home, get the family to Zoom the funeral, and take care of yourself. (We had a Zoom funeral in our family, too). This is the time you need to take all precautions.

Anonymous said...

When it rains it pours. I am sorry for this turn of events. Can you attend your sisters service virtually? When i was unable to attend my step mothers funeral as i am the sole caregiver to my husband, i sent the eulogy via e mail so my brother could read it on my behalf. It's not the same i know but your health is more important. Khona needs you too.

J.L. Murphey said...

So sorry Diane. Take care of yourself first. After as you had all the hoops you jump through too, it's just as well you don't go. Food lick with your surgery. May you regain the use of you hand faster than I will.

Anonymous said...

Wow -- that sounds so stressful -- first the loss of your sister, then doing all the legwork to be able to fly to the funeral, and then being injured. Keep us posted as to how the surgery goes, if you do have surgery. All the best to you with healing!

Lynne in CT

Unknown said...

I have just learned of Karen's passing: John 14, (in Part KJV) Jesus Comforts the Disciples

1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

The Way, the Truth, and the Life

5Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Karen believed, let not your heart be troubled.