Total Pageviews

Monday, December 21, 2020

Happy Winter Solstice!

 Today is the winter solstice, tomorrow I go in for a follow-up for my second surgery, which went well as far as the doctor got all the pins out of my hand, but I tell you, this second surgery hurts more than the first... Glad to the have the cast off, but now my hand and wrist is wrapped up tight with gauze and ace wraps.  I have been wiped out, unable to do much. Of course have to feed the critters, do the essentials, laundry, take the garbage out, load the dishes, that's about it. I instacart all my groceries, have them delivered, have to rely on friends to drive me to appointments, can't walk the dog, swim, write much at all --- feeling like a trapped rat.

My house is covered with dog/cat hair, dust and dirt. Some days don't have energy to wash my hair. Been binge watching Supernatural episodes, spending most of my time on the couch with my hand propped up to reduce the swelling, Kona always by my side, Ripley too at night.  Can't believe I've been laid up with this broken hand since September. Seems like a million years...

Still dealing with my sister's estate -- a mess, let alone the grief and guilt. Hospitals and doctors billed my insurance wrong, so that's a mess too, more paperwork, phone calls, etc. Can't sleep at night...

Good news is my father feeling much better, my nephew is staying with mom and dad helping them out.

Last Christmas


What a difference a year makes.....

Wishing everyone Happy Holidays and hopefully a better New Year.

4 comments:

J.L. Murphey said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Diane!
Tough love time and you know I do love you. I lost your phone number with my phone or would have called you after reading this.

Get off the pity pot and give someone else a chance. Stop whining! Put the shoe on the other foot and think about what Bob went through for YEARS. You will get your hand back. For Bob, it was a near impossible hope.

Now for practical stuff. You can't write, but you can dictate into a recorder. At least you have instacart and delivery, we do not. Figure out how to do with one hand. We did. I might not be the best at housework, but I at least keep things down to a dull roar.

Great news on your father.

Diane said...

hey Jo, thanks, but if I wanted my ass reamed out, I leave that job to my shrink.... lol Who btw says it's good to write your feelings out, vent a little, rant a little, (Why is that Music Man song playing my head? ha!)

And believe me, I think of Bob everyday... I think of what he went through, I think of him when I'm constipated from the pain meds, as he had issues with that, I think about him when doing so many things one-handed as I've been learning/doing since September and I think of the pain and suffering, the trials and tribulations and he gives me strength....and how motivated he was and is a great motivator for me. But he had me to help him, love him, and I have no one... big difference.

I am not dictating into a freaking recorder, I'm trying to get these damn fingers working on the keyboard. not giving up.

Who, exactly, is this "someone else" as in "get off the pity pot and give somone else a chance"?

And I know other people have it worse than me, but then others have it so much better... count my blessings, blah blah...

Unfortunately, its not all unicorns and rainbows here... sorry if I complain, thought maybe my blog readers were wondering how I'm doing as it is hard to post regularly, lately

Denise said...

This has been a very tough year for you (and a lot of us). I always figure New Year's Eve and Day are the perfect time to reflect on the old year and look forward to the new year. Sometimes you need to complain, if you don't get it out it will fester, so b*tch all you need to. This year has well and truly sucked, but if we have made it this far (and here I'm thinking of those that didn't) that's something to be celebrated. Kiss your precious pets, tell them how much they mean to you, and give them (and you) a special treat. Happy New Year, and try to look on the sunny side.

Diane said...

Thanks, Denise!