Total Pageviews

Monday, December 7, 2020

Sliced and Diced

 And still have to go back for a second hand surgery, December 16th. At 5:20 a.m. Of all times...

The doc sliced my hand open in the office (those famous words) "you might feel a little pinch" --- YOW! I screamed so loud, I'm swear the whole clinic heard me, and he still couldn't remove all the pins, though he certainly seemed to dig around enough. So now has to surgically remove the rest.

So another surgery, another Covid test, then another follow-up on the 22nd, more bills... 

And my hand still hurts like hell.... in fact hurts more than after the first surgery....

At least the cast is off. Just wearing a bandage. 

6 comments:

Stephany in Iowa said...

What the fuck? Did you heal too well, or is he just fumble fingers? I feel for you. You might just think about having another surgeon look at your xrays....

Denise said...

I agree with getting a second opinion. Totally OT, but I'm reading "The Vagina Bible", by Jen Gunter, and she recommends another opinion from another practitioner a lot. And let's face it, women are frequently ignored or their concerns minimized by (primarily male, but female also) doctors. Best of luck!

Diane said...

Thankyou both, but it's too late for second opinion, these pins have got to be removed! And quickly. Two docs already looked at x-rays --- and when I went in for first surgery, two different nurses told me this doctor is the best hand surgeon in the area......

Denise said...

Sounds like you have things under control. I wish you an easy surgery and fast recovery, then.

J.L. Murphey said...

Pin removal is not a little pinch!

Diane said...

Got that right, Joe! Wish I would have known....