Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Kona Kona Kona....

 So my beloved Kona Jean has another ear infection, plus yeasty paws which she keeps licking and biting. Called my vet/friend to come over and take a look... and when she did a physical exam she found three lumps, one on Kona's neck (under her collar) large and round about the size of a ping pong ball, and two smaller ones on the back of her rear legs....

Okay, I'm freaking out.  

I need her, love her, praying it's nothing ... praying it's not cancer. I need this dog.

Kona just turned 10 years old. 

Got an appointment on Friday the 13th (luck day, right?) at 2:30 with a doctor (recommended by my friend/vet) at a clinic who can do a needle biopsy or aspirations of the lumps or surgery if necessary, as my vet who is a mobile vet isn't equipped for those procedures.

Meanwhile, we're doing ear drops and sprays for her yeast infections.

Keep Kona (and me) in your prayers and thoughts, thank you. 


6 comments:

Stephany in Iowa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephany in Iowa said...


Our ten year old Doberman also has “lumps” which we have had tested. Ww were given the option of further testing ($500), and we decided that we would not, because we would NOT put him through invasive treatment, if the results were bad. He deserves to live life on his own terms while he can, and so far, he is doing just that. I wish you and Kona many years of just that good life.

Stephany in Iowa said...

Hahahahahahaha

Diane said...

Stephany, why are you laughing?

Stephany in Iowa said...

Diane, I have no idea where this comment came from, and my only defense in that I had open heart surgery on Aug 13, and I would have been still in the hospital. The only thing I can think is that I might have not been thinking straight, and tried to reply to another post. I do remember having to stop the oxycodone early, because my brain was not working.

This isn't me, and I do apologize for however it happened. I follow another blogger, "Men Yell at Me", and this looks much more like what I would have wanted to type there, not about Kona.

Please accept my apologies.

Stephany in Iowa

Diane said...

Explains that Stephanie, those meds can mess with your mind! best of luck and prayers for a quick recovery!