Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 26, 2021

How Bizarre

So I'm coming home with Kona from her evening walk when I noticed a bizarre site in my pool. My little floating flamingo pool thermonitor seemed to be wearing a hat! What the -- ??

On closer look, I realized a grasshopper had somehow hitched a ride on its head! I've never seen a grasshopper in the pool before, let alone one taking a joy ride on my flamingo. I managed to save the little devil and, though I'd usually kill such a thing (terrible chompers on my plants) I instead released it over the fence into the alley, figuring he'd had a rough day already.

Imagine my surprise when the very next day he was back! Now that is weird. A new grasshopper sport? Flamingo riding? A thrill seeking, hitchhiking grasshopper? This time, I got my camera out before rescuing the little guy.




Wonder if he'll be back today?



Update: that flamingo riding grasshopper came back tonight! What is with that?  Caught him (the grasshopper) in my leaf basket, tossed him over the fence (again)... will he show up tomorrow? That is the question... inquiring minds want to know..........and why?

(Click on photos if you want to see a zoom in closeup of this athletic hopper!)

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I think it was Bob coming to make you LAUGH OUT LOUD.
Was that his kind of humor?

Enjoy your time with him,
Rhonda