Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 16, 2021

A Bit of a Set Back

I was doing really well, writing every day, swimming every day, Kona and I walking 1.5 miles each morning and feeling pretty good then...

My father was hospitalized last Monday with pneumonia. Since, under the hospital's "expert care", he's suffered two TIA's (mini-strokes) and a fall from his hospital bed. He's still there... 

I was walking Kona the other day, admiring the Halloween decorations (which I do love) and saw one house with a sign that read "DEAD and Breakfast" and "Vacancy".  I tell you, that stopped me in my tracks. All I could think of was how Bob died in his sleep, my sister died in her sleep and --- What's wrong with people? That is so NOT funny.

I asked my grief counselor if I was overly sensitive, but she said that a lot of her clients have similar reactions to some of the halloween decorations and the people who put up those making fun of death probably have never lost someone close to them... they just don't get it.

Anyway, worried about my father. Hoping he will be home soon, so that hospital can't damage him further... Missing Bob, terribly, as he loved Halloween and my birthday is the day after...  Hard to write lately, so been cleaning the house. (It needs it!) 

Prayers, please, for my dad, Les. Thanks. 

1 comment:

Barb Polan said...

I believe that there's no such thing as being "overly" or "too" sensitive. The real problem is that so many people aren't sensitive enough. Sensitivity is a blessing, not the curse it's considered in our society.