Total Pageviews

Friday, November 12, 2021

Finally, Peace and Quiet

 Since November 1st, I've been up before the crack of dawn every day (except Sunday) as contractors have been working on the house. Then all day the sounds of saws, sanding, banging of hammers, drills drilling, and of course Kona barking at all the commotion. And even one day, when two workers got into it, yelling at each other like grumpy old men, or an old married couple bickering outside my window... oh it's been hard to concentrate.

Finally, everything is finished. New ramp done. Two gates, repaired. Clawfoot tub straightened. Pealing paint scraped, sanded and repainted. Tile grouted. Two new faucets installed. 

Feels good. I can't believe I put off so many repairs so long. Oh! How nice it is to have hot water in the bathroom! Faucet handles that actually turn on and off! And a ramp I'm not afraid I'll fall through...

Someone asked me, why I had to get up so early as most work was outside. But the one carpenter would bring his dog (a male pitbull) which was a nice dog, but I wasn't sure how it would react to Kona, so had to be up before they arrived (at first light of day) so I could let Kona out in the a.m. without worry. Also the tendency to leave gates open, etc. 

I tell you my sleep schedule is all mixed up. (Add the daylight saving change into the mix.) The fur babies meal schedules are all off. And I got to get back to "normal" whatever that is.

But it's nice to have accomplished some sorely needed things... Nice to concentrate again. Get back to working at my desk. Swimming in my pool. Taking leisurely walks with Kona. 

Feels good.


No comments: