Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

The Cursed "C's"

So I thought I had ticked off the Fire Demons or the God's of Electrical Appliances, but seems I've been cursed by whoever is charge of C-words. First there was the cord then the coffee pot, shortly after that I heard a crash in the kitchen and found my cat cuttingboard lying broken on the floor... Takes a lot to break a cutting board in half. Not to mention flinging it nearly five feet off the wall! Good thing I wasn't standing there. Had to glue and clamp it back together. 

The very next day, I walk out the back door and see the clawfoot tub in my garden has sunk: like the Titanic going down. I tell you, I spent more than a few hours trying to upright the thing, finally using my car jack and getting it upright enough it doesn't look like the Titanic, more like the Lusitania listing... the crash of the clawfoot severed my sprinkler system. After jacking around with that project (literally) I came in to shower and only had Cold water... aargh. Then the deck ramp crumbled.... 

This week I've been up every morning around 4:00 a.m. with contractors here every day. Sprinkler guy, general contractor, and Friday the plumber comes. So I've had: the Cord, the Coffee Maker, the Cat Cutting Board, the Clawfoot tub, the Cold Water... Okay deck ramp doesn't start with C, maybe I'm moving up to the "D's" now.
Cursed Cat Cutting Board
Sinking Clawfoot...





Tub Back Upright  After Contractor fixed it.

 My attempt: still listing...


PS: Jenn, I think, mentioned I should check my electrical outlets, but the kitchen outlets were all updated in 2014 when the kitchen was remodeled and there is a new breaker box, so don't think that's the problem. (Hi Jenn!)

1 comment:

Hillary said...

The perfect Buddha holding up your tub! Great piece of writing. Brought a smile to my face (not your troubles, but the writing)