Total Pageviews

Friday, July 8, 2022

How much can a broken heart take?

Since Bob died and my heart was broken, it has been re-broken and re-broken and broken again and again. Like a sentimental plate that you keep gluing back together only to have it fall apart...  Tomorrow is my father's funeral. I will being watching from afar on Youtube as Kona (still recovering from wounds) and Ripley (on so many meds) need me and I can't leave them alone.

After Bob's death, it was Zenith and Boomer bang bang within weeks, then Chris, and then Bob's sweet uncle Dick who I loved, then my sister, and another close uncle and now my dear father. I am feeling quite cursed. Seems every time I get back on my feet, something happens to those I love.  Even my grief therapist says "that's a lot" in such a short period of time. I do not know how much more this broken heart can take. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your father -- he sounds like a great guy. How did the service go? That IS a lot of loss in a rather short period of time. It would be great if a lot of *good* things started happening in your life...

Lynne in CT