Total Pageviews

Friday, June 14, 2019

Today marks the 3rd Anniversary of the death of my best friend, Chris

In loving memory of my dear friend. Don't know how I ever could've gotten through all the tough times without you by my side, helping take care of Bob and supporting me.  Love you, miss you, Chris! (And this is the only picture I have of Chris and me and guess I was having a bad hair day!)

Things you may or may not know about Chris:

1. She swore like a sailor but had a heart of gold.

2. If she called you "bitch" it was a term of endearment.

3. She got a tattoo to celebrate her 65th birthday.

4. She had several tattoos, one of her leg of Snoopy lying on top of his dog house with a think bubble that read "Fuck You!"

5. She wore a ring on every finger, even her thumbs.

6. Even on her tight tight budget of just a social security check, she always sent $19.99 each month to the Humane Society.

7. If you needed a friend you could count on, it was Chris.

8. She took two buses to come over to sit with Bob so I could go grocery shopping or to the pharmacy. She did this weekly for nearly 5 years without expecting or wanting a dime in exchange.

9. She was there every night when I came home from the hospital (when Bob was hospitalized).

10. When we moved into our new house, I let her live in the garage apartment for free. I'll never forget the day she stood in the back yard and said, "Thank you for making my dreams come true."

11. Whenever she was low on cash, she'd have dreams about numbers and she'd play the Cash 3 lotto and always won a couple hundred bucks, exactly the amount she needed.  Never could figure out how she did that.

12. She always told me that my only problem was I was "too nice'.

13. I miss her like hell.

2 comments:

J.L. Murphey said...

I know you miss her, but she's with Bob. Just like she was in life.

Stephany in Iowa said...

I can only hope that there is ONE person who misses me this much, and has this much to say about my time in their life, when I leave. This is a wonderful tribute. Thank you for sharing.