Total Pageviews

Monday, June 3, 2019

This is Chewie

Chewie
Chewie is the dog I sponsored for training in Bob's memory around Christmas time. His mom/owner lost her partner (wife) in a car accident. They have a young adopted son and both mom and son are dealing with deep grief.

I chose this family to sponsor as their situation was something that I can relate too.

I'm told Chewie did very well with the training that I sponsored and his mom is considering having him advanced trained as a service/emotional support dog for her son.  I hope she does it! As I know how much Kona has helped me.

Meanwhile, I survived May.  Just a few bad moments, like waking up at 4:00 a.m. on "death day" and puking my guts out (stress).  Was glad to have something going on every day that week, Hillary and I saw "A Dog's Journey" at the theater Tuesday, death day, May 28th and shared Chinese for dinner.  Another friend, Tiffany, and I went for a long lunch on Wednesday. Thursday was therapy day and grocery shopping. And Friday, lunch with a widow friend... so kept busy and that helped.

Then it all comes tumbling down when I'm alone.....

Saturday, I spent most of the day doing some touch up painting on the house (outside) figuring manual labor may take my mind off things and Sunday, bought and planted new flowers in my window box.  Now my back is killing me! Gosh, I'm getting old.

This month will be Chris' death anniversary. Three years ago, June 14th.....  And June 24th it will be four years since Zenith (our Siamese) joined Bob.  But June is also the month, four years ago, that I adopted Kona on June 26th. She'll be 8 years old July 2nd.

And July will be Boomer's 4 year death anniversary.

Yesterday, I also bought a wind chime called "Gentle Spirits" in memory of those I loved and lost...

Can't believe how time flies.


3 comments:

Denise said...

I love that your wind chimes are called "Gentle Spirits", that seems so appropriate.

J.L. Murphey said...

Yes, time has a way of doing that. A fur baby's death is just as painful. We lost two of our angora rabbits last month. Their antics are sorely missed. It's still a fresh death and I pass their empty cages twice a day. Even the six hens we lost over winter and spring are missed.

When my two cats (16 years old} are gone, I'll lose my kitty heat vibrators (Cuddling up against me purring) and part of my heart. I'm not sure whether I'll get another. I may just get a service dog and be done with fur babies.

Barb Polan said...

What a heartbreaking couple of months. Hugs from me to you.