Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 17, 2019

This Time I Really "Did It!"

You know how it is when you move into a new place, or rearrange your house, and you get bit little confused, especially at night....

So! It's nighttime here at the pink house, and I get up to use the bathroom and it's not the same direction as it used to since I changed my bedroom and as I was entering the bathroom I slipped or tripped, don't ask, it happened so fast, but turned wrong and ended up falling right into the bathtub/shower at which point I got tangled/grabbed onto (don't ask, happened so fast) with the shower curtain and tore the shower curtain down as I fell down into the tub, and not only pulled the shower curtain down, but also the curtain rod and the gizmo that holds the rod onto the ceiling came down and also broke the bracket in half that supports the road on the tile wall.

Landed sort of on my back and side, thankfully didn't hit my head, but cracked/fractured my lower rib cage and bruised myself all over....

I layed there awhile in the tub, legs hanging over the edge, trying to figure out how to get out, but somehow managed and crawled to bed and woke up in the worse pain, then saw the damage I'd done in the bathroom...  jeepers

Managed to get a handyman to come and fix the curtain.

A few days later, was finally feeling a bit better and went out to water some of my plants (as the sprinkler system still not working) and Kona was with me and I guess I wasn't watching her, because when I went to roll up the water hose I saw her eating bird seed that had fallen from the bird feeder.  Didn't think much of that, until three hours or so later when she began vomiting, and vomiting, and vomiting.... 2-3-4 finally 5 times. And there I am on the floor cleaning up dog puke, scrubbing rugs, and then on the 4th pile, beginning to dry heave, then running into the bathroom and puking my guts out which did nothing to help the healing of my ribs, I tell you, in fact, made it feel much worse.

That night, after I finally convinced Ripley to come to bed in the "new bedroom", Kona puked again this time on the cat. So was back to square one with Ripley not wanting to sleep in the "new room", can't say I blame him....

That was two weeks ago. Kona's better. The curtain rod is back up in place. Ripley finally making his way back onto the bed at night. But my ribs are still killing me. So I'm out for the count for a few more weeks. Mostly spend my days and nights with an ice pack on my ribs and watching way too much TV. A trip to the grocery store takes it out of me. So many things I need to do but just not up to it.  Even hurts to sit up at the computer for too long.

So I'm typing quick as I can...  please excuse any typos....

5 comments:

Denise said...

I haven't ever broken/bruised a rib, but my mom did, and a friend did, too. Having watched them deal with it and heal, I know how painful it looks, and how long it takes to heal. Take it easy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that all sounds like an ordeal!! Hope your ribs heal soon.

Lynne in CT

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are overcoming so much these past couple of weeks. So proud of you!!! Although, getting older and painting, moving furniture and hanging pictures, etc. can be a little over the top. Hope you are having stops (wine sips) during or after :) Keep up the good work girl. xoxoxo

Trudy from Texas

J.L. Murphey said...

Oh poor Diane! And, I thought it could only happen to me. LOL I must be rubbing off on you with our weekly emails. Well, it's Murphy's Law for you too and the luck of the Irish (twice removed)that it didn't kill you.

Stephany in Iowa said...

I think I've read your letter five times, thinking of what I could say that could make it better. There isn't anything, except "persevere.: You can look back at the progress, ahead at the possibilities, and enjoy the moments of peace.

Stephany in Iowa