Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

When will it end?

So you all know I cracked/fractured my ribs and it's been over 4 weeks ago -- so yesterday I was feeling quite fine, after taking many many days recovering....  Thought, yes!! I'm feeling better!

By "recovering" I mean not doing much at all.  Do you know there's actually a TV station that plays nothing but game shows from the 1970's?!  Ha! That's what I've doing ...  watching too much stupid TV shows with an ice pack on my ribs...

Anyway, yesterday, felt better, decided to vacuum this house which was covered with dog/cat hair and driving me crazy --- did it, vacuumed and though my back hurt a little afterwards, still took Kona on a longer walk that evening and thought, good, back to normal --- but today woke up in sooooooo much pain in my ribs....

Damn! Thought I'd be better by now. These past weeks, I've been very depressed, prone to crying at the drop of a hat such as a catheter commercial or Medicare commercial, and I am tired of hurting and crying and feeling so alone...

Tomorrow is Halloween... and the next day my birthday... so hard without Bob...

Trying to hang in here. Happy Halloween everyone!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Sometimes healing takes much longer than you feel it should.

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane,
I know exactly how you feel, cracked my ribs on the right side in 2012. It really hurts, hurts to move, breath, sit, and the worst is trying to get out of bed. That would make me just scream. My grandson of 6 cut and willowed me a walking stick to help me get around, it was a lifesaver when getting out of bed. Maybe get yourself a walking stick to help you. It takes months before it is completely healed. My pain did not go away until around August. So all summer I was very careful and I used my walking stick whenever I went anywhere. I still have it and I use it when I broke my ankle twice. Get night lights to light your way to the bathroom and other parts of the house. But be careful too. I called and wished you a Happy Birthday yesterday, you didn't answer so I thought maybe you were out celebrating. Guess not. Take it easy and don't do too much. I know it is hard to lay around, but read a good book better than watching TV. I worked the whole time I broke my ribs and my ankle. Doctor wanted me to lay on the couch and put my leg on the back of it so the blood would not pool in my foot. I told her I would do that when I was done with work. Good thing I work at home. It is hard to work when your leg is above your heart. Silly doctor. Sometimes it helps to wrap your ribs, but not too tight. Gives it a little support. Take Tylenol and not Ibuprofen. My doctor told me that Tylenol will not take away the inflammation so it tells your brain that there is a problem and your brain then goes and fixes it. Versus Ibuprofen does take away the inflammation so the brain things everything is OK and doesn't try to fix anything and it will take longer to heal. I didn't do that for my ribs (as I did not know) but did it for my ankle. It worked, healed pretty fast. Take my advice from a cluts who knows.
Take care, hope you feel better.
Happy Birthday Diane.
Love you, Sally

Cockeyed Jo said...

Happy belated birthday Diane!!! Your ribs will eventually heal. Unfortunately, any movement will hurt for 8 weeks or so. The fact is you overdid. Take it slow, honey!

Ginny said...

Hang in there. Your supporters are out here cheering you on even if you can't see us. We're all in this world together. Be good to yourself and don't push. A good friend recently introduced me to a line from the movie Eat, Pray, Love.

"Dolce far Niente" The Sweetness of doing Nothing.

Something most of us need to practice...

Unknown said...

Well life goes on.
I am 2 years now a widow.
It's harder every day.
Remember you from DS.
Perhaps things will finally get better as we continue this journey.
Best of luck to you.
Pat Nixon (Phoebesfriend)