Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Internet Issues

I've been having problems with internet connection:  it's there, it disappears -- I am "offline" or "no service connection", called last month, so got a new modem thinking that was problem, but still having problems.... sometimes I can get on, sometimes not. Try to log on and get a message "you are not connected to internet", check my system preferences, find I have ethernet connection but no IP address?   Huh?

Talked with Frontier tonight, and they tell me there is a problem with my connection and scheduled an appointment for a technician to come here DECEMBER 23RD!  Jeepers!  That's 22 days.... aargh... I do have sporadic internet service, I am typing this quickly to let you all know that if I don't get your messages, e-mails, etc, it's not that I'm not responding it's just my internet connection is down...

Damn!  Everything is breaking down...

Anyway.... happy freaking holidays!  



2 comments:

Barb Polan said...

We've become so dependent on the Internet for everything—keeping in touch and Christmas shopping for me these days. If we didn't have the Internet, I'd have to use my phone as a phone and venture out to the bookstore for my Christmas gift list. Thank God for my husband, who understands how to fix my electronics whenever I get in trouble. I'm impressed you do your own troubleshooting. Hope you get back online sooner than predicted.

Cockeyed Jo said...

My roommate dies if she goes without internet for more than 24 hrs. No computer internet. No TV (Netflix), she feels lost. Was it just thirty years ago most households did not have personal computers or internet. She would say, I know I lived without internet for decades but I can't remember how I occupied my time.