Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Death Anniversary Coming Soon

Death Day is creeping up, May 28th... creeping up on me.... so know not what to do... everything still closed or partially closed because of the pandemic and I feel it -- May 28th creeping, creeping up, every morning when I wake up and see the calendar and soon it will be five years since Bob's been gone.......... and I think, how can that be? so long ago? Seems like yesterday, seems a hundred years ago....

And I am tired, stressed, shaken and having a hard time holding mine own........  Add to that, the other morning I woke up to find dozens of worms crawling up the sheer curtains in front of my french doors in the living room... OK, they were not worms but termites who had shed their wings, and I kept plucking them off the curtains and killing them, saved a few to show the "termite guy" and he said confirmed they were termites. And today, pulled a tissue out of the box only to find a termite on it! GA! Feel like I'm living in some horror movie.... (worms crawling all over! jeepers)

But whatever, what can I do that day? That death anniversary day. Confined as I am to the house.....

5 comments:

Stephany in Iowa said...

I think you should make a list of every movie that Bob loved. And watch them with him, all day. Comment, laugh,cry, miss him.

J.L. Murphey said...

I agree with Stephanie! You're still on a pseudo lock down like we are. I would also suggest a nice bottle of red or white wine, a hot bubble bath, and maybe some bittersweet chocolates to pamper yourself. Just shake out your towel before using it for those creepy crawlies. Hugs! My 5th is looming also in June.

Diane said...

Oh Stephanie, what a good idea! I remember years ago --- Bob and I talking about our "favorite movies" of all times, his was "Blade Runner" mine: "Somewhere In Time" -- we went out to Blockbusters (so you know how long ago that was!) and rented both and watched both and laughed, because they were so outdated (1970's) and we didn't like them so much anymore... they seemed corny...

So I'm wracking my brain: his favorite movies since: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Forrest Gump, hmmm. Oh! "Signs" and The Sixth Sense and and.... omgosh, gotta think of others and see if I'm able to DVR them. What's weird is we were so "connected" I can't remember if these are my favorites or his, or both of us?

And Jo, a bubble bath sounds good, chocolates sound great, but vodka (Bob's favorite) instead of wine (wine gives me a headache). And you bet I'm trying to keep the creepy crawlies away!

Thanks again, good idea.



Jenn said...

You don't have to be alone. Social distance with a friend at your pool for an hour or two. Wear masks, too.

Diane said...

I ordered a windchime, Bob loves windchimes, hope it arrives in time.. and downloaded some movies... and will get through the day, somehow. It's supposed to be 80% rain chance. I remember after his death it rained and rained and rained every day, as if the whole world was weeping....