Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Five Year Anniversary



Life's sea hath been five years at its slow ebb;
Long hours have to and fro let crept the sand;
Since I was tangled in thy beauty's web
And snared by the ungloving of thine hand.
And yet I never look on the midnight sky,
But I hold thine eyes' well memoried light;
I never gaze upon the rose's dye,
But to thy cheek my soul doth take its flight;
I cannot look on any budding flower,
But my fond ear, in fancy at thy lips,
And harkening for a love-sound, doth devour
Its sweets in the wrong sense: Thou dost eclipse 
Other delights with thy remembering, 
and sorrow to my darling joys dost bring..

John Keats, 1819






In loving memory
January 16, 1959-May 28, 2015
I will always love you, Bob.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope yesterday wasn't too hard for you. Glad Kona is back in the pool.:) Did you end up watching movies yesterday?

Lynne in CT

Diane said...

Hey Lynne, got through the day, hung up a wind chime I bought in Bob's honor (he loved wind chimes as do I) and cried a lot but watched Signs (spookier than I remembered) and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - when we lived in Savannah it was The Book (as it was referred to) hadn't been made into a movie then, so was surprised to see Jerry, the hairdresser, actually playing himself! -- and we knew the guy, his boyfriend lived above our shop! One night he kept us up, yelling "Stewart, open the door!" over and over "Stew open the door!" and in the morning I found Jerry passed out on the stairwell, and figuring it wouldn't look well opening our shop with a guy passed out on the stairwell, I woke him up and asked him if he wanted some coffee. He came down to our shop, and he was a doll... mentioned he was on page 67 of The Book. Drank some coffee, sobered up. I had a lot vintage clothing and customers were coming in and he was like "That is SO YOU, GIRL!" A good salesman, I must say, sold a $300 dress, and a really nice guy... anyway many good memories.... thanks for your for comment

J.L. Murphey said...

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Interesting about Savannah. I've only been there once, way back in early 1987 but it seemed like a very cool town. Jerry sounds like a unique character. :) Glad you made it through the day OK.

Virtual hugs,
Lynne in CT