Total Pageviews

Friday, June 5, 2020

Survived the day

Who would think a 5 year death anniversary would be tougher than the others before?... I guess because of the pandemic thing, prior years I would go out to lunch with a friend or do something to honor or just get my mind off the day ... and jeepers doesn't seem like five years, seems like forever and then seems like yesterday... Tried explaining my feelings to people, but few understand. My shrink thinks I should write letters to the nurses to tell them how they impacted Bob and me, and I said, oh, you mean write a letter than burn it or throw it away, and she said "no, send it certified mail, let them know what they did to you."

I tell you, I am in no way going to do that..... plus don't know where those nurses are.... she (my doc) said look up property records, but really, is that a good idea?

Anyway, spent the day, watching movies, walked the dog, raining all day, just like when he died, it rained and rained for weeks like the whole world was weeping with me.....and it is still raining... But hung up a wind chime in Bob's honor. He loved wind chimes, as I do, this is Bob's and my new wind chime, in his honor,...


8 comments:

Jenn said...

I loved this post. I "feel" how you felt - 'seems like forever and then it seems like yesterday.' *sigh* Love you.<3
As for writing & sending a letter to those nurses? Not good advice. Nope, not at all.

Rhonda said...

NO WAY SHOULD YOU SEND A LETTER. To a nurse that is working 12 or more hours a day. And not seeing there family. They are seeing the people that died in there dreams. No one can hug them and say it's going to be OK.

DON'T DO IT, DON'T DO IT, DON'T DO IT.

Write it and burn it if you need to.

Rhonda

I was trying to send a poem and picture on here. It won't let me. How do I do that?

Diane said...

Thanks Jenn!

And Rhonda, don't worry, was/am NOT planning to write to the nurses, I was just sharing what my shrink said.... which I thought was a dumb idea from the get-go, but she was so insistent I thought I'd see what other people thought of her idea. As far as posting a poem or picture, I have no idea how to do that in the comment section... Heck when I was trying post my wind chime video it kept showing up upside down LOL -- took me awhile to figure it out.. and it's my blog, I've posted videos many times.

Thanks for comments.

Anonymous said...

That does seem unusual, that she was insistent about your writing and mailing that letter. I can see why you don't plan on writing. If there were to be a letter, all I can think of is maybe one to whomever is in charge of training new nurses at that hospital. It could say -- here's what happened ten years ago when a new nurse wasn't properly trained (if I recall correctly, it was a new nurse who didn't alert the doctors). Just thinking out loud... Glad you survived the day OK.

Lynne in CT

Linda Cooper said...

I think the wind chime is a lovely idea. Thank you for sharing it with us.Hugs to you.

Cockeyed Jo said...

I'm a month away from ours. Is it possible to dread it that soon in advance? I'm right there with you honey. You ain't alone. Even though our quarantine is lifted, I'm still under 'house arrest' because of the chemo.

Diane said...

Thank you Lynne, The Hospital has been sold to a different company since our "incident" so wouldn't concern anyone now employed there. And Linda, thank you, glad you like wind chime.

Jo, I was dreading the "anniversary" way a month before, I think that is very normal, the anticipation is sometimes worse then the actual day. Take care and hugs!

Barb Polan said...

Diane, anniversaries of heartbreak are the worst for me. Hugs. (I also agree that the letter idea sucks.)