Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 24, 2021

The Invisible Woman

I'm sure you have heard of the Invisible Man, now meet the Invisible Woman: me.

I tell you these past few weeks, I have disappeared!

Started with an scheduled termite treatment. Guy was supposed to be here between 2-3 p.m., no one showed up. Called their office, said I was on the schedule, but no one assigned a technician....

OK, so rescheduled that. That day, I wait and wait and no one shows up again... so call the office. Oh, I am on the schedule, but they forgot to assign a technician once again to come out.  Grrr...  So reschedule. (And don't tell me to change companies, it's under warranty)

Then, I have a follow up with my hand surgeon, 2:50 p.m. Go there, check in. Still having problem with my pinky and ring finger, typing is a bitch, let alone sometimes that hand just shakes and sweats... so I'm thinking I need OT....  

Sitting in the waiting room, 3 o'clock, 3:30, I see a woman close to me who is stroking her hand and ask her what doc she is there to see, same one as mine, her appt. was 3:00. I tell her mine was 2:50... we both shrug, doctor must be running late...

Meanwhile, Bubba is scheduled to pick up my flooded out car at 5:00, so I am worried about several things, i.e. am I ever going to see the doc,  and then will the car start, will I make it home.... anyway...

3:45, they call in the woman who had the 3 p.m. appt.  She looks at me, shrugs, and goes in.

I go to the counter and ask them, what's up? I had a 2:50 appt. and they just called in the 3:00 appt, and they tell me I never checked in! I tell them yes, I did. The computer has no record of me....

I tell you, I think I have disappeared! 

4 comments:

Jenn said...

It's been a weird week/day. Weird underlying energies are bouncing around, that's for sure! Sorry you're dealing with this! <3

Cockeyed Jo said...

I had the same issue with a package delivery except it was an invisible house!

Anonymous said...

How's your hand/arm now? At the office, did you check in with a person or via a computer? Up until about a month ago, I worked part-time in a doctor's office and we had patients check in with a person...

How did things turn out with your car? That sounds very frustrating about the termites, and how they tell you you're on the schedule but they didn't assign a tech. Why do they even bother keeping a schedule, gees.

Hope you have some good news for us. :)

Lynne in CT

Diane said...

Lynne, termite guy finally showed up, car is fixed. Moon roof was leaking. the whole car fiasco, maybe I'll blog about, it's a story in itself. And I checked in both online and in person....