Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Last Night

I had the strangest dream. I died and ended up in -- heaven? Well didn't look like any heaven I know, but a large white walled room, filled with people. There was a thin, young man next to me and I asked him, "Where are we?" He said. "Don't you know, we're dead?"

There was a woman in a business suit with a clipboard, she was asking our names and checking them off, then she would call out a color: Yellow! Pink! Blue! And another woman would come forward and hand each of us a robe, a white thin cotton robe with a cloth belt. In the middle of the robe was a large colored stripe. Mine was yellow. I looked over to the thin man, his was pink and splattered with blood. I quickly checked my robe to make sure there was no blood on it. There wasn't.

Then we were told to go to the door that was the same color of the stripe on our robe, put our robes on and enter that room. I, along with some others, shuffled to the yellow door, opened it, inside were people sitting on yellow plastic chairs wearing the same type of robes, all looking rather bored. Then I spotted Chris in the corner.

"About time you got here, bitch," she said.

"How long have you been here?"

"I don't know, seems like forever. These bastards just keep us waiting and waiting."

"Have you seen Bob?"

"No."

I scanned the room looking for Bob but he wasn't there. I started worrying he had been sent to a different room with a different colored robe....

Suddenly, I was back in my bed. I thought, oh my god, I'm dead and now I'm a ghost! Haunting my own house! I laid there for a moment wondering, was I a ghost? Then thought, if I were, shouldn't I be floating above my bed, looking down?

Tentatively, I turned to my side, happy to see I wasn't floating and the movement made me pass gas. Truly, I nearly laughed out loud. Ghosts don't fart! At least I've never heard of a farting ghost. I looked at the clock, the familiar stuff on my nightstand, finally sat up, slipped on my slippers, Kona's and Ripley's cue that mom was up and it's time for breakfast...

I don't even know why I'm blogging this weird dream, guess I just can't get it out of my mind.... but I tell you I often go to bed wondering if I will wake up. After what happened with Bob. And my sister.  

And I am going crazy with paperwork, my medical insurance, my sister's estate...  

Sometimes I just feel like I'm going crazy.

At least this post is giving me some good finger exercise. My hand is still very sore and stiff....

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Sorry that you didn't get to see Bob, maybe next time.

Jenn said...

Very vivid and rather interesting! VERY interesting.

J.L. Murphey said...

Have you seen Chris before in a dream? I remember you two being kindred spirits.

Diane said...

No Jo, never seen Chris in a dream ..... before this one. That I can remember.