Total Pageviews

Friday, August 5, 2022

And I've Been Busy Too

Just completed a long planned project of putting stair railings on my porch for safety (fall prevention) but also something that matched house and looked good too.

The porch steps aren't that steep, but they can be slippery when wet.

And I have found myself grasping onto the columns at times when descending, afraid of falling.

Then I have a few friends with disabilities who have trouble navigating them....

So I shopped around, talked to people, finally found a company that could custom design something that would not only be a safety measure but also elegant to match the house style and made of cast iron to match the fence.

It seemed to take forever. I ordered them in June when I sat down with the designer who custom designed them. After delay and delay and more delays, they were finally put in this morning (after me complaining about how long it was taking!). Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get fixed first..... 




 




















I must say it was worth the wait!  I now have the most beautiful stair rails in the neighbourhood!  I love it! I think Bob would too... 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks FABULOUS!