Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Critter Parade

I have a trail camera set up in the backyard, trying to capture whatever attacked Kona. For weeks all I saw was a cat... and then I noticed a shadowy thing in the background. So I changed the camera location and the other night, I had a regular critter parade going on.

At almost 11 p.m., this opossum showed up:


He actually climbs the stairs, like he lives here, and jumps threw the rails down under the porch...

At 2:50 a.m., the usual cat appears:


The cat exits left.

At 4:52 a.m., a raccoon streams by in a hurry. Exits in the same direction as the cat.


The cat returns at 5:31 a.m., goes under the porch and joins the opposum....

Good grief! 

And what is the cat and opossum doing under the porch? Having a party?

Now I'm not sure who the prime suspect is in Kona's attack. 

Spent an entire afternoon researching opossums....and blowing up pool floats (in case the raccoon gets any ideas about pooping in my pool again).

I purchased and sprinkled cayenne pepper and camphor oil under the porch. Opossums supposedly don't like the smell.

I purchased "scare cat" silhouettes with marble eyes that glow, these are supposed to scare away cats and other critters, but so far the only one's who they've scared is Kona and me! The cat, the opossum don't seem to care.

Honestly, perhaps one is better off not knowing what goes on in your backyard late at night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, a new species? Possat? So weird. Raccoons can be very mean, wonder if it's the perp? - Jenn

Diane said...

LOL, Jenn. So that's what they are doing under the porch!!!

Not sure about the raccoon, seemed to be just passing through....

The usual suspects, opossum, raccoon, cat. Need a private detective!