Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 30, 2018

The Widow's Tree

I recently joined an online forum called "Widowed Village" and although I don't go "on" the forum much, the one nice thing is that the administrators "connect" you with a "pen pal" who is someone about your age, your gender and has been bereaved about the same amount of time.

My pen pal is a widow on the West Coast. She sent me this picture of "The Widow's Tree" near Seattle.

So called, as it is missing a large piece of it's heart...

Just thought I'd share it here....

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I Love it!! Pen pal, photo. Maybe you will be taking a trip to West Coast soon to see it and meet new friend.

Anonymous said...

So proud of you to keep pushing forward Diane. Loss can be so paralyzing, but you are slowly starting to turn the switches in your mind back to "ON".

One day you will find peace and be rid of the guilt and we will be here cheering you on and happy for you.


Trudy from Texas

J.L. Murphey said...

Fortunately/unfortunately for me being older, there's no shortage of women close to my own age like my roommate. I'm happy about your pen pal for you. Sounds like a great online forum/