Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Trying To Get My Act Together

 Since my sister's death and three hand surgeries and on-going trouble with my fingers, life has not been the same. Even with the pandemic, I was at least coping: working on my writing, trying to keep on top of the chores, swimming, walking the dog, then everything fell apart.

Sort of like my window box:






 Which I finally got around to replanting....

And I called the AC guy.

Remember my warping counter top? Also been dealing with mold and mildew and uneven floor boards. All this time I thought I was doing something wrong, turns out that the AC the original contractor insisted on putting in the house is too big and is causing humidity issues...

I tell you, if this is true, I could kill that contractor, for now I have to replace the whole system to hopefully fix this damp old house.


I was starting to get things done, feeling pretty good -- even with my darn gimpy hand, making plans to start working on my writing, getting the house in order, walking Kona a mile a day, swimming, etc. then the phone rings and it's a robocall threatening to sue Bob, yes you read that right, not me, but Bob. Usually I do not return these scam calls, but this one pissed me off so I called back and basically screamed at the guy who answered the phone that his company was threatening A DEAD MAN! And afterwards, after slamming the phone down, I curled up on the couch and had an honest to goodness nervous breakdown. Was sick for the days afterwards...

Sometimes I just can't deal with everything.

So much for trying to get my act together....  


PS: Kona doing better.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

your planter looks beautiful compared to the other day when i saw it.
love you even if we don't speak. wish i would have known she were so down. i would have made sure i called.
just remember i am always here and think of you daily. glad kona is feeling better. wish you would break down and get a cell phone, then i could text you during the day to say hi and let you know i am thinking of you. xoxox

J.L. Murphey said...

Good news about Kona!
Your planter looks great!

Anonymous said...

Now that it's been a month, how are things going? Hope everything (or at least many things) are going better.

Take care,
Lynne in CT