Total Pageviews

Friday, May 27, 2022

Can't Believe It's Been 7 Years

Seems like yesterday. When I went to bed and I woke up the next morning and found Bob gone. Now I only have memories. One of my fondest is of us on the front porch, holding hands and singing loudly (much to our neighbours' chagrin) this song:


Bob would fling his arms up high and sing in his baritone operatic voice the verse "We were meant for each other...." And we would laugh and laugh and love each other more and more everyday.

Miss you, my darling Bob. Love you now and forever. We were meant for each other!



4 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh,wow! Did you ever push that memory button with that song. But that’s okay. I hadn’t cried for some time and felt like the tears were stuck somewhere. They came when I heard the music, closed my eyes and remembered. Thank you. Good memories.
Good luck with Riley.

Joyce said...

Sorry about Ripley's name. Spell check did that!

Diane said...

Joyce, I hope they were happy tears.

And yes, every time I type "Ripley" autocorrect tries to change it.

Take care and thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

It does seem like the anniversary would be very hard.

Sounds like a lot of ups and downs. Is Ripley still having the surgery tomorrow? If so, I hope it goes well. That's so interesting that they will actually come to your house for the surgery. We've had a couple cats need surgery -- usually for swallowing something they shouldn't have. One swallowed a knotted cord, and one swallowed a small amount of Easter grass (which came in a small craft). As you know, surgery is never cheap...

Keep us posted, and I hope you start to have a lot more ups than downs.

Lynne in CT