Total Pageviews

Monday, June 20, 2022

Been A Rough Week or So

With Ripley recovering from surgery. The procedure went well, but he was in a lot of pain for the first few days. Hid -- first behind my desk, between the desk and the wall, where there is barely space to squeeze my arm and full of electrical cords. Then under my desk. He seemed to hate me, be afraid of me. Had to keep crawling on the floor, trying to give him some food, trying to comfort him. Finally, he's out and about but on a soft food diet... which he doesn't care for and sits at his eating station staring at me.... He also is not liking to be touched much, but did finally climb on my lap the other day and is back sleeping in bed with Kona and me at night... It's taken awhile to get him this far. Still worry about the hyperthyroidism. He has another appointment with the cat vet on the 28th. And we are still waiting for the biopsy report on the cyst that was removed.

Three pills, one twice daily, the other once daily for pain, for Ripley.

Morning meds and one pill daily for Kona, whose "elbow" is still swollen.  So morning walks are still short.

I'm tired...

Then this morning, the darn raccoon was back! Left a "present" in my pool. Damn! So spent some time this morning blowing up a jerry-rigged pool barrier to hopefully keep the little sucker from pooping on the first step of my pool. All the floats are tied to the deck rail with hooked together dog and cat leashes...  Then I put out some solar lights to illuminate the whole area. A real creative endeavour and it looks silly but I hope it works -- and the raccoon will move on to an easier toilet to use...  




No comments: