Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Another week of crap (literally)

First it's snakes.... Huge live snake in the front yard, scared me half to death. Snake skins shed by the pool. Huge, long, yuck! I had the snake guy out to treat the yard this week. Hope it works (a repellant).

Now something is defecating in my swimming pool! Jeepers. Always at night. Last night, I was up at midnight... looking outside--- nothing...(I mean no animal no nothing in the pool) and up at 5 a.m., looked out and there was the evidence... poop in the pool. So between midnight and 5 a.m. some creature out there... 

Oh geez...

Pool guy said looked like a raccoon feces... Guess they have a habit of doing this. Pooping in swimming pools.

Feel like I'm in the country, not a city, with all this wildlife taking over my yard and pool... Snakes and raccoons.... not to mention the mosquitos are out in force.

So spent the day calling around to find a "wildlife removal" company and everyone who can come out with traps told me they have to euthanise it.... and I really don't want to kill a raccoon... just want it to not use my pool as its personal toilet.

Also no way to detour it, no scents or lights or sounds or anything to keep it away.... 

Finally found someone who swore they would humanely trap and relocate... thank goodness for that. (Swore me to secrecy as I guess it's against some local ordinance). Coming next week to set traps. 

So my pool is off limits until then for me and Kona (because of high bacteria levels), but not for the raccoon! Swimming out there nightly, doing backstrokes and pooping its heart out.  Oy. And pool guy said to clean it up daily, or my pool tile might be permanently stained. So out with a brush daily I guess...

Had to get a pee sample this week from Ripley, what a pain in the butt that was... Done. Had to drive that sample way across town, had a panic attack as the traffic was horrible and nearly had an accident... But mission accomplished.

And Ripley is fighting against taking daily medication... pills twice a day. First he was eating it in cheese (loves cheese) but now is suspicious of cheese.... (Tried pill pockets, he also hates those.) Had to shove the pill down his throat tonight.  And his cyst has regrown and still waiting to see what will happen next with him. They wanted to give it 3-4 weeks and re-test...

My life seems all poop and pee again....  De ja vu

Meanwhile, my father not doing so well, up north. On palliative care...

I am so stressed out....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane, there is always something isn’t it? For the last 2 years or more I haven’t read your blog, is like I forgot. I’d been so busy, my son is 10 years old, I’d been working while taking care of my husband (who had a stroke 11 years ago), and who recently fell and broke his hip. Sometimes I just want to be an ostrich and bury my head under ground. I have a lot to catch up from your blog. Sorry your cat is not doing well, can you crash (powder) the pill so you can combine them with his food? cats aren’t easy, hopefully the medication helps, and I can’t believe raccoons will do that on pools!!! hopefully they are gone for good soon. I’m glad you are done with your book, even though you still have to work on some things. I’m glad you’re hand is cooperating and typing. Over all I’m happy reading your blog again.
I lost your #number. Love you

Yadira