Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Creeping Creeper

I think I've mentioned that I signed up for an online class called "Spiritual Mentorship"and it deals with a lot of mediation and connecting with your "higher self" and spirit guides and loved ones on the other side -- and it has been helpful, except the two classes before last night, I feel asleep during the mediation... and woke up after class was over, oh well.

So yesterday was another class and I was determined NOT to fall asleep. Class starts at 8:00 p.m. and I always light candles and incense to set the mood and so the house is dark except for candles, a couples lamps.

Anyway I am listening to the class and around 9:00 p.m. there is a knock at my front door. First I think I imagined it, but Kona goes nuts. She runs to the front door, barking barking barking like crazy and I'm thinking: who the hell is knocking on my front door after dark? Kona keeps barking, doing this telepathic dog to mom thing, i.e. Kona: bark bark bark bark, stop  and looks at me.  Interpretation: "Mom, someone's at the door, why aren't you answering it?" Me -- I am just frozen in  place, cause who the hell is knocking at my front door in the dark? Kona: "bark bark bark bark bark bark" and looks at me, i.e. Mom, answer the door!  but I'm still to afraid to go the door. Because I'm not expecting anyone, it's dark out there and my friends would tell me if they were stopping by or call me on the phone or yell "Hey Diane" or something, so I just stay frozen on the couch.

Meanwhile the class is going on, but I can't concentrate on it, because now it sounds like someone is walking back and forth on my front porch and Kona is barking like crazy, and I am scared shitless. I am, in fact, so afraid, the class has a online "chat" where you can type in remarks and I type that someone is creeping outside my house and I don't know what to do.  As I'm thinking, if I'm found dead in the morning at least there's a record...

Anyway, Kona settles down, lays down so, I figure whoever is gone and I get up, turn on the front porch lights, also the back yard lights, check everything is locked, then peek out and don't see anyone or anything....

Crap, I'm wondering if I should buy a gun, for self defense. I don't like guns, actually never have owned or shot a gun, but thinking buy a small gun, something cute with a pearl handle? And then I wonder if I can actually buy a gun with all these new background checks, not that I have any criminal history, but I do take Xanax and have anxiety issues and a service dog and would that disqualify me from purchasing a gun? Of course I would take "training classes" to learn how to use it....

Anyway freaking out here, at the Pink House

4 comments:

Barb Polan said...

Good work, Kona. If the person had evil intentions, I think barking would generally make him leave.

As for the gun, you might be better off getting a peephole or a camera mounted on your front door (Blink has cheap ones you can access with your smart phone). That would be a lot safer, plus you can use it as security when you're not home.They even have a model that lets you talk to the person who triggered it.

Diane said...

Thanks Barb, great idea, except I don't have a "smart phone" --- just a dumb landline.

Jenn said...

How damn frightening! Door cameras are an excellent idea. You don't need a smartphone, you have a computer. Also, you can install motion sensor lights on the front porch, angle them to go off at the front gate.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Ok Diane...breathe! A camera is a good line of defense. Not being able to see what was on the other side of the door is frightening. It would be my choice if I don't have so much training with firearms. Before I got a gun, it was self defense classes without firearms. Then it was using things I have on hand like hair spray, keys, a broom, etc.

The thing you have to remember about firearms, especially in inexperienced hands, it can be taken away from you and kill you. Up close there are less deadly options like pepper spray a tazer.