Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Another Kona Update

So Kona still not up to par, and you can just imagine how this affects me....  I'm about to start vomiting myself... from stress

Blood tests came back, her ALP was 235, my vet says that's just slightly high -- though normal is 5-160 --  I freak out cause seems high to me, and could point to liver issues.... but my vet says a "high" is like 1200 and also Kona not showing any other signs of liver issues, all other blood work looks normal. Though we could run more tests, if I wanted....

She is eating, but just chicken (bland diet), stools are formed but soft, so not quite diarrhea -- still not normal.... but not vomiting... so... I chose to wait it out.. I hope I'm making right decisions here....

Last night, took Kona for a late walk (as she didn't poop earlier so thought she might poop) and it was dark, so took a flashlight with me and long walk at that as I'd always heard "movement helps bowel movement" but... still no poop, we arrived home and there was a stray cat sitting in my yard, by the bushes near the porch. Damn I've had problems stray cats, yowling, howling, certainly don't want a litter of feral kittens under my house ---

Anyway, saw the cat, opened the gate and unhooked Kona's leash and said "Get that cat!" meaning chase it out of our yard. Kona took off like a bullet and cat ran under neighbors fence ---

So Kona's got energy! Then Kona was staring into the bushes and I had my flashlight thinking another cat was there -- put it was a possum with it's teeth barred and hissing, and shit, if I didn't fly and grab Kona by the collar and pull her into the house. Went out afterward with my flashlight, possum still there, but just sitting there. So I said, "Good night, possum, I will not bother you."

Such is my stupid life....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Kona will be back to the peak of health soon. Seems like a good sign that she is energetic. I've never had a dog, only cats, but I know how stressful (and expensive) it is when they are sick... Keep us posted.

Lynne in CT

Lauda said...

My heart is wtih you guys....you have had to endure so much - prayers and prayers for you both.

Stephany in Iowa said...

We have a dog door, and our dogs sort of roam free. One night, we were sitting in our recliners, feet up and comfy, when in walks our 80# Doberman, with a possum in his mouth.

Since I noticed no blood on either animal, I swiftly stood up, grabbed a treat, and the dog dropped the possum. Using a Kleenex,I picked up the possum by the tail, carried it out the front door, and placed it on the front porch. Then, I blocked the dog door for an hour or so. (I love possums so much)

When the dog went out two hours later, the possum was gone. Wins all around. Good luck with yours!

Diane said...

Thank you , Lynne,
Stephany and Lauda ---I so appreciate your stories and support!

J.L. Murphey said...

Improvement is a good thing. Good thing she didn't tangle with the possum. Cats are more her speed for the time being.